Troubleshoot: Eclipse only Shows Ant Build Options with Java Files
Problem: I’m trying to run some Java files in Eclipse, but the only options are to run an Ant build and everytime I do that I get an error “Ant can’t be found”. How do I run my Java files in Eclipse?
Solution: Basically, all you have to do is put these files in an Eclipse project. Follow these steps:
- Create a new Project in your workspace. This is where you’ll put your Java files.
- Go to File -> Import -> File System
- Locate the directory where your files are stored.
- Select them then select the new project you just created as the destination folder.
- Hit Next.
- Now make sure your files are in the src folder of the project, if you selected the option to hold files in the src folder.
- You should now be able to run your Java files.