WireShark: Determine HTTP Version Being Used in HTTP Request
Problem: I’ve used WireShark to monitor my network packets in a HTTP request and now I want to figure out what version of HTTP is being used in the request.
- Find the HTTP request you’d like to check the version on
- Select it.
- In details, navigate to the Hypertext Transfer Protocol section
- Next to the GET/POST should be something in the form of “HTTP/#.#\r\n” or similar where the #.# is the version number
- Find HTTP request you’d like to check the version on
- Simply look in the info for HTTP/ followed by the version number