WireShark: Find the TCP Port Numbers being Used for a Connection
Problem: I’m using WireShark to monitor my network traffic and I want to see what port numbers are being used for a particular TCP connection I’ve captured.
- Find the desired connection packet in WireShark
- In the details section at the bottom, find “Transmission Control Protocol”
- Next to that, you’ll see the source and destination ports
- Find the desired connection packet in the WireShark list view
- Look in the info section
- There should be two numbers of the form “####->#####”. This indicates the source port number and the destination port number