Windows 10: Disable Birthday Calendar
Problem: I’m using Windows 10 and every day I get two or three notifications popping up telling me its someone’s birthday. Sometimes I know them, sometimes I don’t. Either way, it’s annoying and I either don’t care about the notification or have stored this information elsewhere – and more conveniently to boot. How do I turn off the Birthday Calendar/notifications?
Solution: To change this, you need to head over to outlook.com.
- Go to outlook.com
- Sign in to your account
- Click the button in the top left to bring down a list of apps to “Preview”. Select the Calendar app.
- Click the Gear Symbol in the top right to open a Settings drop down.
- Click the Options button in the drop down. This opens the Option menu.
- In the Options menu, expand Calendar options by clicking the arrow next to it.
- Select Birthday Calendar
- Select the “Turn off the birthday calendar” option
- Hit Save
Boom, no more pesky notifications for that guy-you-met-that-one-time’s birthday.