IBM Bluemix: How to Manually Deploy Cloud Foundry App from Git Repo
Problem: I’ve been using IBM Bluemix’s Cloud Foundry to host my NodeJS app, but I can’t get the code to redeploy. I’ve already attached the repo and it was automatically redeploying whenever I pushed a new commit. For some reason, it’s no longer deploying automatically – how do I manually tell Bluemix to deploy the current state of my repo?
*Note: *I’m assuming that you’ve already connected a git repo to the Cloud Foundry instance on Bluemix. If you haven’t, check the top right corner of your app’s dashboard and select the “Add Git” button.
To manually deploy your repo to the server:
- Go to your Bluemix Dashboard
- Select your App from the list of Applications. This will bring you to your app’s dashboard.
- From your App’s dashboard, click your GIT URL located in the top right corner. This will send you to your git repository.
- Ensure that this is actually the repo you want to deploy, then select Build & Deploy from the top right.
- This will send you to your App’s build Pipeline page. From here, you can modify the stages your app goes through during deployment.
- Select ‘Add Stage’.
- Select the ‘Jobs’ tab.
- Click Add Job
- In the Job Type dropdown,** select Deploy**.
- Select Save to add that stage to your Pipeline.
- On the new deployment stage you just created, you should see a Play button [sideways triangle] in the upper right hand corner of the stage’s card. Click the Play button to begin deployment of your repository.
- A ‘Jobs’ section should appear on the card to show the status of deployment. When the job says ‘succeeded’, your app has been deployed successfully.